What do Meritus Communities and affiliates do with your personal information?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
• Social Security number and income
• Account balances and payment history
• Credit history and employment information
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons Meritus Communities and Affiliates choose to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
Who is providing this notice?
Meritus Property Management, LLC d/b/a meritusmhc.com, a loan originator organization, and its corporate family (listed below on p. 2), which includes an insurance agency, as well as manufactured housing retailers and communities that lease manufactured homes and/or hold loans or installment contracts.
How do Meritus and Affiliates protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include secured files and buildings and computer safeguards, such as:
• Information access controls.
• Service provider oversight and confidentiality agreements.
• Encryption and/or internal network security of electronic customer information.
• Periodic security training of our employees.
How do Meritus and Affiliates collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
• Apply for financing or give us your income information
• Provide employment information or give us your contact information
• Pay your bills
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates or other companies.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
• Sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your credit-worthiness.
• Affiliates from using your information to market to you.
• Sharing for non-affiliates to market to you.
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
What happens when I limit sharing for an account I hold jointly with someone else?
Your choices will apply to everyone on your account.
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies. Meritus Property Management, LLC, and any sub-companies are affiliated with each other. Our affiliates include FSI Housing, FSI GRKS Housing, Welcome Home Housing, Meritus Housing, B Creek Homes, Lakeview Terrace Homes, and Colonial Oaks Homes.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
• Meritus Property Management, LLC and Affiliates do not share with non-affiliates so they can market to you.
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
• Meritus Property Management, LLC and Affiliates do not jointly market.